King Sunny Ade


King Sunny Ade as a young man and an upcoming artist desired visibility, platforms and money.

He was introduced to Chief Bolarinwa Abioro who had a popular record label at that time.

The same man used to pay artists like Ayinde Bakare, Sikiru Ayinde Barrister and even Pa Ebenezer Obey 

On meeting Chief Abioro, KSA prostrated like a proper yoruba champ. 

He asked King Sunny Ade questions to which he answered.

He was presented a contract to which he appended his signature quickly.

He was eager to be heard by the world 馃榿馃拑馃徏馃寧.

What he didn't know was that, in that contract it was stated that, on the sale of every album which was then fixed at N6, King Sunny Ade & His boys were entitled to a sum of 20Kobo while His boss got N5.80Kobo.馃檰馃徑‍♂️

You too do the Maths. 

Fair? 

It took Late Chief Fawehinmi to help King Sunny Ade recover his due after a long court battle. 

You will agree that in life some decisions requires time, scrutiny and conviction than others..

For instance:

1. I graduated from secondary school 4 years ago, what course should I opt for if i want to gain admission this year even with an average Jamb score and get a job after school? Philosophy or Law?

- I have a very good business idea, should I sell 100% and walk away, sell but retain a part or source for funds and invest in my idea?馃‍馃敡

- I am a beautiful, smart lady but 32 years of age, there are two guys who have asked me to be theirs but lack good values and seem to lack foresight and vision, who do I say Yes to or I should just chill? 馃グ

- I have been seeking for a job for years, now there are two jobs before me, which should I go for? 馃さ

- Should I settle for just commission or salary?馃榿

These decision points above are very strategic to how our lives turn out to be. 

With maturity and experience comes the knowing that 'Every decision made based on what is obtainable today only with no consideration for tomorrow is most times the wrong one.'

When a person has being through pain or starved of food, when the person is presented with the option to choose between Pap and Egg or Fried Rice and Chicken, the tendency to choose the option that immediately relieve the person is high and can't afford holding on still. 

I saw the image of a man who has been in prison for a long time without food. He was presented a loaf of bread 馃崬 and the key 馃棟️ to unlock the gate and get out. 

Guess what he chose? The bread 馃オ 

Why wait this long and still make a wrong choice?

It is dangerous to make choices based on your current state, you may get into the future and realize that you cheated yourself. 

You know what you deserve, can you hold on?  

Can you look at your options and imagine the future? 

Don't take Jacob's porridge. 

S貌 gb貌?馃

Oya, say the truth, Do you like how I write?馃榿 

I can teach you how. Send me a DM through 08036802193.

Oluwapelumi Awe

Comments

  1. Thank you for this thought-provoking post. I especially appreciated the section where you gave some instances. I was carefully choosing my option. Your writing is clear and engaging. Keep sharing your insights, they're invaluable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is indeed captivating and intriguing, I had always trusted your skills, Ride on boss...............

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never let you situation determine your action. This is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  4. Succinctly put together. Powerfully insightful piece. Well done Mr P!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome and insightful piece.
    Thank you for sharing sir

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why Ghost Me?馃ゲ

Nneka and Landlord Palava (True Story)